Georgia Debt Collection Law Office
Experienced counsel handling collection cases
The Law Office of Brent D. Stamps, LLC is trusted by clients across Georgia to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. I provide our clients with legal advice and litigation services in both state and federal courts. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including businesses, corporations, attorneys, landlords, healthcare providers and individuals — collect the debts owed to them.
Metro Atlanta counsel committed to providing results
I can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Replevin actions subject to creditors’ liens
- Breach of contract actions
I am dedicated to delivering an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, I also review my clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, the Law Office of Brent D. Stamps, LLC makes sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
- Receipt and review of your files
- Demand letter — I send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, I work with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, I seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once the suit is filed, I move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, I vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
- Judgment — A judgment gives us the opportunity to further get the debtor’s attention. I attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and can move to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If I cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, I can conduct further discovery or subpoena the debtor to appear for a post-judgment deposition and testify about their finances.
- Post-judgment sanctions — If the debtor fails to answer post-judgment discovery or appear at a deposition, I can seek a wide range of sanctions including a contempt of court order for monetary fines and/or attorney’s fees or for incarceration until prior court orders to answer post-judgment discovery are complied with.
Experienced counsel. Proven results.
Call the Law Office of Brent D. Stamps, LLC in the metro Atlanta area today at 470-236-6210 or contact us online to seek redress on past due debt obligations and recover the amounts that are owed to you.